Organizations That Keep New Yorkers Safe
At Kahn Gordon Timko & Rodriques, P.C., our attorneys are dedicated to protecting the health and safety of all New Yorkers. Whether you live or work in Manhattan, the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn or Staten Island, you can rely on our lawyers Insert Attorney Profiles Page to work hard to make New York City a safer place.
One way we help New Yorkers stay safe is by disseminating safety information that can be used by everybody – at home, at work and while walking on the sidewalk, shopping or eating in a restaurant. When prospective clients visit our New York law firm, we make sure they know about safety strategies that can protect them in the future.
We offer easy access through our website to agencies and organizations focused on preserving and promoting safety in the city and state. Some of these are listed below. Just click on the link to visit their websites.
New York City Safety Websites
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- New York City Department of Buildings
- New York City Department of Housing Preservation & Development
- New York City Public Safety
New York State Safety Websites
- New York State Department of Labor
- NYS Professions: Online Verifications – This is the website of the Office of the Professions. You can determine whether a professional whose services you plan to use is properly licensed or accredited.
- New York State Physician Profile – this website, from the State of New York, provides information about doctors in the state.
- New York State Department of Health
- Safe NY – the website of the governor’s Traffic Safety Committee
Federal Agencies Promoting Health and Safety
The federal agencies listed below are just a sample of the organizations that exist to protect people. For additional information, follow the links to the organization’s website.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration – this federal agency issues and enforces regulations regarding workplace safety.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency – this agency develops laws and enforces compliance with clean air, water and land regulations.
- U.S. Department of Transportation – this agency is responsible for highway safety and coordinates with a wide variety of other agencies such as the Federal Aviation Administration, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the Federal Transit Administration.
- U.S. Coast Guard Boating Safety Center – provides information about staying safe on the water
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – responsible for protecting the health of all Americans, this agency oversees the operations of the Food and Drug Administration as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) – this regulatory agency protects the public against injuries and deaths associated with consumer products.
Nongovernmental Safety Organizations
- Home Safety Council – an organization dedicated to preventing home-related injuries
- National Safety Council – although not a federal agency, this organization offers information about other private and government agencies and links to reports on specific safety topics.
- Public Citizen – a consumer advocacy organization that lobbies and advocates in the areas of energy policy, trade policy, finance reforms, consumer protection, medical malpractice and public health
- Safe Kids USA – its slogan: Preventing injuries at school, at play and on the way
If you believe that unsafe conditions have contributed to an injury or illness, we can advise you about your options. Contact Kahn Gordon Timko & Rodriques, P.C., to discuss your situation at 212-227-6260.