Verdicts & Settlements
New York Personal Injury Lawsuits and Civil Cases Verdicts & Settlements
The following is a brief list of verdicts and settlements in personal injury lawsuits and civil cases:
- $925k verdict – Conway’s Stores held 100 percent liable for slip and fall caused by obstructed handrails and uncleared debris.
- $13.9 million verdict – Hospital held accountable for errors causing death of young mother.
- $8 million verdict – Manufacturer of unsafe bus held accountable for serious injuries to passenger.
- $5.7 million settlement – Doctor held accountable for brain damage from cosmetic surgery.
- $3.8 million settlement – Rental Company and driver held accountable for brain damage resulting from crash.
- $2.65 million settlement – Building Owner and General Contractor held accountable for unsafe construction site resulting in workers’ fall and serious injury.
- $1.5 million settlement – Hospital held accountable for errors causing Erbs Palsy birth injury.
- $1 million settlement – General Contractor held accountable for unsafe construction site causing construction worker’s crushed leg injury from falling beams.
- $945k settlement – for a child with lead poisoning from peeling paint in apartment.
- $700k verdict – for knee injury from a motor vehicle accident.
- $600k verdict – for a back injury from a motor vehicle accident.
New York State Supreme Court Cases
- Shirley Richman v. Moisture Hacking Corp., Eddy Georges, Dartagan Inc. and Anane Daguin, (N.Y. Supreme Court 2007)
- Widawski v. United Beef Packers Inc., (N.Y. Supreme Court 1991)
- Barbara Walton, as Administrator of the G/C/C which were of Charlene Hicks, Deceased v. Yonkers General Hospital and Hip New York Medical Group, P.C., (N.Y. Supreme Court 2005)
- Angela Bourodimos, a Mentally Incompetent Person, by Her Mother and Court-Appointed Guardian, Eleni Bourodimos V. Doctors #1-2 and Frank Halcond, R.N., (N.Y. Supreme Court 2001)
- Michael Morena v. Bruck-Ner Bx Towing Inc., & Vincent Iezza, (N.Y. Supreme Court 2006)
- Myron & Sheila Fishbane v. Chelsea Hall LLC., Chelsea Apartments LLC., & Apartment Management Associates, LLC., (N.Y. Supreme Court 2007)
- Gloria Doomes Indiv. And as m/n/g of Infant Plaintiffs, Travis Doomes & Gregory Doomes, Both Under the Age of 14 Years Old v. Best Transit Corp., Sim Corp., d/b/a Prison Gap, Wagner M. Alcivar, Ford Motor Company, Warrick Industries, Inc., d/b/a Goshen Coach & J & R Tours, Ltd., (N.Y. Supreme Court 2006)
- Matar Diouf v. New York City Transit Authority, (N.Y. Supreme Court 2008)
PAST SUCCESS IS NO GUARANTEE OF FUTURE RESULTS
To learn more about our successful trial practice, contact Kahn Gordon Timko & Rodriques P.C. Call us at 212-227-6260 or contact us by e-mail to schedule a free initial consultation.