New York, New York
Nicholas I. Timko is the managing partner of the firm of Kahn, Gordon, Timko & Rodriques, P.C. having joined the firm of Kahn & Gordon in 1998 to create the current firm.
Mr. Timko has been practicing law since 1983. He is licensed to practice law in New York and Pennsylvania. He is dedicated to promoting public safety through the civil justice system by holding corporations, businesses, government agencies, hospitals, doctors, manufacturers and individuals accountable when their conduct causes harm and loss to members of the public. He has spent his entire career representing clients injured in all types of accidents resulting from unsafe conditions of sidewalks, roadways, subways, buildings, construction sites, defective products, vehicle accidents and medical malpractice. He has made a reputation of fighting on behalf of his clients and always putting the clients interests first. He is a highly skilled Trial Lawyer having tried many cases to verdict and produced multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients.
Mr. Timko is past President of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Timko currently serves on the Board of Governors of the American Association for Justice and is the Dean of the New York Sate Trial Lawyers Institute which is the educational arm of NYSTLA. He has received the highest professional and ethical rating, AV, from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings, and has been named to New York Super Lawyers(tm). Mr. Timko writes and lectures on various legal topics.
- Year Joined Organization:
- Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Automobile Accidents and Injuries
- Products Liability
- Construction Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Representative Cases:
- Shirley Richman v. Moisture Hacking Corp., Eddy Georges, Dartagan Inc. and Anane Daguin (N.Y. Supreme Court 2007)
- Widawski v. United Beef Packers Inc. (N.Y. Supreme Court 1991)
- Barbara Walton, as Administrator of the G/C/C which were of Charlene Hicks, Deceased v. Yonkers General Hospital and Hip New York Medical Group, P.C. (N.Y. Supreme Court 2005)
- Angela Bourodimos, a Mentally Incompetent Person, by Her Mother and Court-Appointed Guardian, Eleni Bourodimos V. Doctors #1-2 and Frank Halcond, R.N. (N.Y. Supreme Court 2001)
- Michael Morena v. Bruck-Ner Bx Towing Inc., & Vincent Iezza (N.Y. Supreme Court 2006)
- Myron & Sheila Fishbane v. Chelsea Hall LLC., Chelsea Apartments LLC., & Apartment Management Associates, LLC. (N.Y. Supreme Court 2007)
- Gloria Doomes Indiv. And as m/n/g of Infant Plaintiffs, Travis Doomes & Gregory Doomes, Both Under the Age of 14 Years Old v. Best Transit Corp., Sim Corp., d/b/a Prison Gap, Wagner M. Alcivar, Ford Motor Company, Warrick Industries, Inc., d/b/a Goshen Coach & J & R Tours, Ltd. (N.Y. Supreme Court 2006)
- Matar Diouf v. New York City Transit Authority (N.Y. Supreme Court 2008)