Bed Sores, Malnutrition & Dehydration
Bed sores, malnutrition and dehydration should never happen in a nursing home. Yet, some nursing homes in New York fail to provide the proper food, liquid and other care to their residents, causing serious injuries and even death.
At the law firm of Kahn Gordon Timko & Rodriques P.C., our New York City nursing home abuse lawyers fight aggressively to help nursing home residents get the justice they deserve and prevent this kind of thing from ever happening again. Call us at 212-227-6260 or contact us by e-mail to schedule a free consultation with attorneys who care.
Nursing Homes Are Legally Responsible for Bed Sores, Malnutrition and Dehydration
There are federal and state laws that address bed sores, malnutrition and dehydration. Specifically, nursing homes are required to:
- Prevent bed sores: Ensure that a resident who enters the long-term care facility without pressure sores/bed sores does not develop them
- Treat bed sores: Ensure that a resident with pressure sores/bed sores receives necessary treatment and services to promote healing and prevent infection/new sores from developing
- Provide sufficient nutrition: Ensure that the resident maintains acceptable parameters of nutritional status, such as body weight, etc.,
- Treat malnutrition: Ensure that a resident receives a therapeutic diet when there is a nutritional problem
- Provide sufficient hydration: Provide each resident with sufficient fluid intake to maintain property hydration and health
We Use Decades of Experience to Fight Abuse and Neglect
In 1998, our senior partners brought together more than 50 years of experience to fight for a safer environment for all of the people of New York. Nursing home residents are especially vulnerable. When they are abused, they deserve the protection of an experienced New York City nursing home abuse attorney.
Getting You or Your Loved One Medical Help and Financial Relief
The most important thing our New York City nursing home abuse attorneys do when we hear about nursing home abuse or neglect is to work with the family of the resident to ensure the resident gets the proper medical care. Then, we will work to gather the evidence needed to prove nursing home abuse or neglect.
Unfortunately, a great deal of abuse and negligence goes unnoticed and nursing home residents are forced to suffer in silence. In many ways, the best defense is the love and involvement of family members. By simply showing up at the nursing home, family members show the facilities that someone is looking out for a particular resident. Let’s work together to protect those residents who don’t have the same protection. Expose nursing home abuse. Contact our New York city nursing home abuse attorneys