Shopping Accidents in New York
New York is a great shopping city. Whether you hit the world-famous department stores, visit the Lower East Side or go into Queens, you are certain to find unique items, often at great prices. Shopping in New York can be enormous fun, but it can also be dangerous.
Crowded retail premises, inadequate security at shopping malls, poor lighting and maintenance and other forms of negligence can turn a fun excursion into a nightmare. Recent Black Friday and Christmas holiday shopping incidents underscore the importance of safety during these prime shopping periods.
If you were injured in any type of retail establishment, you need legal advice. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. At the law firm of Kahn Gordon Timko & Rodriques P.C., our attorneys have been helping injured New Yorkers since 1998. We know how to build strong cases that seek maximum benefits and have assembled a record of accomplishment that tells our story.
Examples of Shopping Accidents
We handle all types of accident and injury cases involving shopping malls and retail stores. These include:
- Cases involving maintenance issues, such as worn carpet and other tripping hazards; litter, water and other liquids on floors; unsecured electrical cords; burned-out lighting; and unsecured stair railings
- Cases involving security issues such as inadequate lighting in stores or parking lots, poorly trained security guards or guards with criminal records, and emergency and other exit doors that do not function properly
- Cases involving crowd control, including matters involving overcrowding in a commercial space, crowds rushing the entrance or exit, and shoppers running through stores
- Cases arising from improperly stocked shelves with falling or spilling merchandise
- Injuries caused by broken or improperly housed shopping carts
Injuries in accidents such as these can range from burns and smoke inhalation because victims were unable to get outside in a fire to back and neck injuries from trip-and-falls because of uneven floors.
How Our Law Firm Can Help
We investigate thoroughly, calling upon security and maintenance experts and medical providers who help us understand the impact of clients’ injuries on their lives, work and families. Our experienced investigators interview witnesses and visit the scene so that we can tell the story of your accident and injury in a compelling way. We employ all these tactics and more when filing lawsuits that seek maximum compensation for our clients.
How You Can Help
If you were injured while shopping in New York City, it is important to document the scene right away, before violations are repaired or evidence is washed away. If you can, take pictures of the scene and get the names of witnesses who saw your accident. Write down a detailed description of what happened before you start to forget details. Then call our lawyers to learn about your rights and whether you are eligible to file a lawsuit. Contact us by e-mail or call us toll free at (800) 724-3537 for a free initial consultation.
How You Can Help
Visit our accident information centers. If you see unsafe property conditions that could cause injuries in grocery stores, department stores, malls or any retail establishment, call 311 or visit 311 Online.